Today we are going to talk about one of the best gaming laptops on the planet, the Asus G73
The design isn't as "flashy" as you see on other laptops (like Alienware gaming notebooks), but it still is pretty cool. As a matter of fact, the designers say it was inspired by a military stealth fighter, so there... They made it with a material that minimizes potential finger print smudges, and every surface features nice angles just like the stealth airplanes have. It's got an enormous venting system at the rear (actually it looks like a NFS Ford Mustang venting – pretty cool!) that channels air away from the user, allowing the machine to remain cool to the touch without bothering the user in any way.
- keys are back lit so you won't have any problems typing when its dark
- on the left side there's an internet port alongside a USB, a Blu ray combo drive and another USB port, plus a mic and headphone jack
- on the left: a D-sub analog video applet port, 2 more UDB ports and an SD memory card reader
- underneath, you'll find the sub woofer, put there for an enhanced audio experience
Now the specs:
- 8 GB of DDR3 RaM
- 2 500 GB hard drives for a total of a 1 TB of storage
- Blu Ray
- Intel Core I7720QM CPU. It normally runs at 1.6 Ghz to preserve battery life, but when you play games with high graphic requirements it will overclock itself (!) to 2.9 Ghz
- Twin Turbo Mode: press the Turbo button on the upper left side and the CPU will further overclock by 6%, arriving at 3 Ghz
If you want a gaming laptop that is lightning fast, spectacularly designed and a great value for money, then this is the notebook of your dreams.
Testing the Asus G73 (Video):